Halloween is officially over, and November has crept up on us far too quickly. Corner markets have now transitioned from pumpkin patches to Christmas tree farms, helping us to ease into the holiday spirit and festive mood. It’s finally time to start thinking about Christmas — all that it brings and all that we give.
It’s difficult to think up gift ideas for anyone, but it’s especially a painstaking task to figure out what to get the jetsetter–specifically the millennial jetsetter–someone who seems to already have an ever-growing collection of souvenirs from all over the globe. But I reckon you can never have enough travel gadgets or personalized accessories, so here’s a roundup of 25 of the best travel-inspired gifts for the globetrotter, both armchair and seasoned.
Some ideas will nourish a case of wanderlust until the next trip, while other items make the actual travel experience simpler, easier, and more appealing.
Coffee table books/Magazines:
- Tatcha Travel Kit — premium skincare while on-the-go is a must
- GHD Gold Professional 1″ Styler — dual voltage hair accessories make life so much easier, one wand to curl, wave, or straighten your hair
- Spotify membership — music makes the lows of traveling so much more tolerable
- Gogo In-flight WiFi voucher — you can always use a WiFi connection up in the air
- Airport lounge passes — pamper them for the day at their favorite airline lounge
- Audible.com — escape the chaos of holiday travel by listening to your favorite book
- Amazon Prime — ease the stress of last-minute shopping for all those procrastinators out there
- iTrain workout cards + aqua dumbells — make it easier to work out no matter where you are
- Global Entry — bypass the long lines at security checks and never have to take your shoes off
- Language lessons (Live Mocha, Fluenz, etc.) — because learning a new language is always en vogue
- Tumi packing cube — trying to fit holiday shopping in the suitcase is always a struggle
- Personalized luggage tags (leather, with personal pictures…the sky is the limit!) — a great way to make a statement
- Skiva PowerVault Lightning Battery Backup — perfect solution to the ridiculously small batteries of iPhones (and others)
- DCI utility charging tool — a charging powerhouse always at your fingertips
- Bose QuietComfort noise cancelling headphones — drown out the chaos and disturbances of travel
- GoPro camera — take it underwater, take a selfie…a traveler’s perfect companion
- Skross World Travel Adapter — worldwide appliance use with many different plug configurations
- Diptyque/Voluspa travel candles — think: the perfect stocking stuffer!
- Tea/coffee from around the world (Mariage Frères, Mittal, etc.) — a fool-proof gift for the sophisticated palate
- Scratch Map, Uncommon Goods — to give them perspective on just how much more they have to go to conquer the world
- Sky Umbrella — for all those in cities of gloom and with feelings of doom
- Derek Rose loungewear — super compact, soft, silky, comfortable, and lightweight loungewear that’s perfect for travel
If all else fails, vouchers for airlines, spas, hotels or a first-class ticket to ANYWHERE will always do the trick!